Dear Swimming Parents
We are now in a position to provide the final details in relation to the re-starting of Junior Swimming Lessons. Within this email there are 4 important items that I would like to draw your attention to:
- Renewal Dates
- Renewal Costs and Discounts
- Swim Lesson Changes, Video
- Swimming Stages Table
To keep everyone safe, please watch the Swim Lesson Changes video to ensure you and your children familiarise yourselves with the new protocols in place.
In order for the process of renewals to run smoothly and fairly we have allocated different days for you to call per stage. It will be based on a first come first served basis. The number to ring is our main reception number 01189 644 600. If you fail to get through please keep trying and do not leave a message as we would like to ensure your renewal is not missed.
|Thurs 3rd Sept||Stages 1 & 2||Please ring between 9am-9pm|
|Fri 4th Sept||Stages 3 & 4||Please ring between 9am-9pm|
|Sat 5th Sept||Stages 5 & 6||Please ring between 9am-4pm|
|Sat 6th Sept||Stages 7 & 8||Please ring between 9am-4pm|
|Sun 7th Sept||Stages 9 & 10||Please ring between 9am-9pm|
Renewal Costs & Discounts
If you pay by Direct Debit the next collection will be the 5th October. The first 3 weeks of term will not be charged as these are the weeks you missed when we had to close on the 20th March 2020. If you cancelled your Direct Debit but wanted to continue with lessons then please contact us on the number below.
If you pay termly we will be deducting 3 weeks off of your first payment when you re-enrol to make up for the weeks you missed at the end of last term. When you call us on your allocated day we will be able to tell you how much the renewal cost will be as the costs do vary slightly depending on the stage you are in.
Swim Lesson Changes, Video
Please watch this short video that demonstrates the Beach Ready (dressed ready to swim) changing procedure for stages 4 to 10. For stages 1-3 Children & Parents will be able to use the swimming pool changing rooms although we would request you change as quickly as possible and maintain 2m social distancing . These changes have been introduced following Swim England Guidance on Covid.
KEY CHANGES for STAGE 4-10 children
- All Children to come wearing their swim clothes under their outer clothes. Swim hats and goggles are essential
- Children must be dropped off at the poolside door at the end of the pool corridor (this will be clearly signposted)
- Water Helpers will be on hand to guide & help the children if needs be.
- Parents are not allowed pool side, any urgent messages must be directed through reception
- Parents must then leave the building by the back downstairs foyer door and return to their cars to wait until the lesson has ended
- Children must remove shoes and place in a box, and then carry their box to their swimming lesson area
- Children will then remove outer clothes and leave in their box
- At the end of the lesson the children will go to their box and dry off and re-dress without removing their swimwear
- Children will then return their box to the used pile
- Children will then vacate the pool area and walk to the back door of the downstairs foyer
- Parents will collect from the rear downstairs foyer collection area which will be signposted
- Visible Staff will be directing children at all times to ensure their safety and well-being
- Please ensure all children have been to the toilet prior to their lesson however facilities are still available for emergencies.
- Children can wear Dressing gowns/Onesies as outer clothes if this is easier for them to change in and out of.
Swimming Stages Table
Please see the table below. As we have previously communicated all the swimming lessons are currently on Sundays only. We will endeavour to allocate you your preferred time.
For any swimming lesson enquiries please call Reception on 01189 644 600 or email: email@example.com.
Please note you will not be allowed to renew before the dates you have been allocated.
I would like to thank you all for your understanding during these more challenging times. We look forward to seeing you very soon.
Sports Complex Team
Junior Swimming Lessons
• ASA Certified National Swim Awards Stages 1 to 10
• Dedicated & Fully Qualified Instructors teaching all classes
• Lifeguarded pool at all times
• Dedicated additional staff in the pool to assist students at levels 1 to 4
• 20 Years of experience supplying Quality Swimming Lessons
• Certificates included without additional cost
Developing basic safety awareness, the ‘class’ scenario, basic movement skills and water confidence skills. Swimmers may use aids, e.g. arm bands, floats etc.
Developing safe entries to the water, including jumping in, basic floating, travel and rotation unaided to regain upright positions. Swimmers may use aids, e.g. arm bands, floats etc.
Developing safe entries including submersion, travel up to 10 metres on the front and back, progress rotation skills and water safety knowledge.
Developing the understanding of buoyancy through a range of skills, refining kicking technique for all strokes, and swimming 10 metres to a given standard as directed by the ASA.
Developing ‘watermanship’ through sculling and treading water skills, and complete rotation, also performing all strokes to the given standard as directed by the ASA.
Developing effective swimming skills including coordinated breathing; developing the water safety aspects and understanding of preparation for exercise.
Developing quality stroke technique up to 100 metres, incorporating skills learnt and combining them to develop a linked routine and complete successfully an obstacle course that combines a variety of skills accomplished throughout stages 1–7.
STAGE 8 – COMPETITIVE SWIMMING
Developing competitive swimming skills including turns on all 4 strokes and a 400 meter swim.
STAGE 9 – COMPETITIVE SWIMMING
Developing starting skills and increasing swimming endurance to include an 800 meter swim set.
STAGE 10 – COMPETITIVE SWIMMING
Developing individual medley, swimming endurance, relay starts and take over skills.